Dear Valued Patient,
Thank you for being our patient. We value your continued trust, confidence and loyalty and look forward to welcoming you back. Your overall health and wellness have always been our highest priority.
We appreciate the growing concern with COVID-19 within our communities. After evaluating the most current information and reviewing all published guidelines, we remain confident in our ability to provide dental care in a safe and healthy environment at Belmont Periodontics & Dental Implants. Before May 18th we are open for emergency dental care only. Any routine care such as cleanings has been postponed until May 18th pending further notice.
Infection control has always been a top priority for our practice as you have seen during visits to our office. Our infection control processes are made so that when you receive care, it is both safe and comfortable. We want to tell you about the infection control procedures we follow in our practice to keep patients and staff safe.
Our office follows infection control recommendations made by the American Dental Association (ADA), the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the Occupational Safety and Health Administrations (OSHA). We follow the activities of these agencies so that we are up to date on any new rulings or guidance that may be issued. We do this to make sure that our infection control procedures are current.
You will see some changes when it is time for your next appointment. We made these changes to help protect our patients and staff. For example:
1. Our office will communicate with you beforehand to ask some screening questions. You will be asked those same questions again when you are in the office. There are “COVID-19 Patients Disclosures” and “Patient Request for Treatment” consent forms on our website under “Office Info” tab/Patient Forms. Please fill out the forms in advance and bring them with you.
2. We ask you to call our office at 617-484-0475 once you arrive. Please remain in your car until we advise that you may come up to the reception area.
3. Please wear a face mask or covering when you enter our office.
4. We have hand sanitizer that we will ask you to use when you come into the office. Your temperature will be taken with a no contact laser thermometer.
5. You will see that our waiting area now has minimal seating and will no longer offer magazines, or literature as those items are difficult to clean and disinfect.
6. Appointments will be managed to allow for social distancing between patients. That might mean that you will be offered fewer options for scheduling your appointments.
7. We will do our best to allow greater time between patients to reduce waiting times for you, as well as to reduce the number of patients in the reception area at one time.
8. Going forward ONLY patients and their aid or guardian will be allowed in the reception area.
With new information from ADA, CDC and OSHA we will make the necessary adjustments to our operations and will keep you informed of any changes.
Thank you for your continued trust and confidence in the care you receive at Belmont Periodontics & Dental Implants. Your understanding and consideration during this unexpected and trying time is sincerely appreciated. We look forward to seeing you again and are happy to answer any questions you may have about the steps we take to keep you, and every patient, safe in our practice.
We are in this together and are here to help. Our team wishes you and your families the best health.
The Belmont Periodontics & Dental Implants Team